Aug 28, 2011

Zulfiqar Mirza resigns from all party/government posts

KARACHI: PPP leader Dr. Zulfikar Ali Mirza on Sunday announced to resign from the offices of Provincial Minister and Senior Vice President of PPP (Sindh), as well as Member of the Sindh Assembly.
In a press conference at Karachi Press Club Sunday afternoon, Dr. Mirza explained that he had no differences with the leadership of the party. He would remain devoted to the party of Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto and his old friend and brother President Asif Ali Zardari.
“My identity is PPP. Whatever I possess—offices and property- owes to Shaheed Bhutto, Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto,  and President  Asif Ali Zardari. I will work hard for PPP till my last day,” he remarked. He expressed serious concern over the killings in the city and appealed to the people to resist the hostile forces behind the incidents. 
Meanwhile, a private television news channel reported on Sunday that senior leader of Pakistan People's Party Dr Zulfiqar Mirza has announced to resign from all party/government posts. As per Geo news channel, Mirza before starting the press conference swore on the Holy Quran to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.
Praising ISI and Pakistan Army, Mirza said Pakistan's existence is due to the sacrifices of our security forces.

Senior Minister Dr Zulfiqar Mirza is the Vice President of PPP Sindh and also a Central Executive Committee member besides a close aide of President Asif Zardari. Pledging at the beginning he requested reporters to take him seriously for the first and the last time. He arrived at the Karachi Press Club at 4:20pm. The best decision of my life is to marry Dr. Fehmeda Mirza, he said.
Mirza noted that he has never bend the laws and he follows the principles of Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto. Allah Almighty through Mohrarma Benazir Bhutto and Asif Ali Zardari blessed me with all that I own.
He added that I see eye to eye with my party. I’m a party worker and will always be that way. I am a Sindhi and proud of it, he added. He vowed never to bow down to cruelty. Mirza said if anything happens to me then killers of Imran Farooq and Wali Baber would be responsible. Mirza's press conference ended at 6:15 pm which started around 4:25 pm
source:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...